Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Jan. 28th Shopping Day

What an awesome week for sales! Before I show you how much money I saved let me explain what I do. I am addicted to coupons! I am addicted to saving money on groceries! I am addicted to stockpiling! I started clipping coupons about 2 years ago when I found a website called The Grocery Game. This website helps by providing me a list of the sales from my local grocery store and matching coupons with those sales. It does the work for me and I love it! I have the website listed to the right if you want to check it out. If you should try it out, please think of me when it asks for who referred you! I also do great savings with just me looking at what is on sale and if I have a coupon for that item. This takes time but so worth it.

Back to my wonderful savings!! I went to 3 different stores. Piggly Wiggly, CVS, and Pick-n-Save.


Piggly Wiggly (aka The Pig)
  • Spent - $27.80
  • Saved - $ 26.34
  • Total % of Savings - 50%

CVS
  • Spent - $10.57
  • Saved - $45.04
  • Total % of Savings - 80%


Pick-N-Save
  • Spent - $74.71
  • Saved - $85.56
  • Total % of Savings - 53%

Overall Totals
  • Spent - $113.08
  • Saved - $156.94
  • Total % of Savings - 58%
THAT IS $270.00 WORTH OF GROCERIES FOR ONLY $113!!!

Items that I bought included:
  • 2 bottles of Wisk
  • 4 boxes of Lipton onion dip
  • 2 (40 ct) boxes of tea bags
  • 7 cans of biscuits
  • 3 boxes of Rice-a-Roni
  • 2 boxes of popcorn
  • Milk - FREE
  • 6 boxes of cereal
  • 10 pounds of pork loin
  • 5 pounds of hamburger meat
  • AND MUCH MORE!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jill! This is Elizabeth (Amy's friend from church). I saw your blog through Nicole's coupon blog. I didn't know you did coupons too. I am feeling like I need to get more into this...I think I might be the only one that doesn't. lol I do coupons but not to the extent that everyone else does.

    Great job with your shopping week! :)

    ReplyDelete